Shades of Life

Shades of Life
Black, White, Morally Grey

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Moving House

On 29 Sept 07, I was activated by my beloved girlfriend. It was like country going to war, in times of need, NSmen are called upon to defend their nation. My "slave" mode was activated, the greater cause - house moving.

I had only moved house twice before, from Bedok to Pasir Ris and from hostel to home. Both were very different experiences. When I moved from Bedok to Pasir Ris, I was of age 13. I didn't really have a lot of responsibilities. All I was tasked to do was to keep my clothes, my stationary and help out with carry some small items, after all, I was a weak scrawny boy.

Hostel moving was a whole lot different though. I was amazed by the amount of junk I collected! Alot of supposedly useful stuff was piled up in my good friend's room (all the stuff we used to cook). On that day, I made nearly 10 trips up and down 5 stories, from my room to the carpark. My legs were jellified by the end of the trip. My dad's car was literally filled to the brim and he could not use his rear view mirror. It was a horrible experience, that was just a single hostel room.

Yesterday, I had my first hand experience of house moving as an adult - no more kiddy privileges of carrying all the small items. I think I burned as much calories equivalent to 2 Mac EVMs. From 930 am, we moved boxes, furnitures, applicance from Kembangan to Punggol. 3 round trips later, my arms were jellified, my entire body coatedwith sweat, oil and grime. Even reservist wasn't so tough, this really reminds me of the outfield days in OCS.

Strangely, the greater reward seemed to come when I lay down to rest that night. It's been long time since I slept so heavily. Hehe... I woke up early and played my computer game while Tatty was still sleeping. She was sleeping so soundly, so soundly I could hear her breath out loud! Hah! Now she can't say I snore loudly, coz she breaths loudly when she sleeps!

It

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bleah! I still wont admit tht i breathe loudly! =P
Even if i really did, im sure it didnt wake u up or prevent u from sleeping did it? Unlike yours..