Shades of Life

Shades of Life
Black, White, Morally Grey

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Resignation...

If you are thinking that I'm considering resigning from my job, your guess is way off. I guess this is a long overdue update on my flat hunt.

With the assistance of a shrewd ex-property agent, my dad, I went house shopping in Pasir Ris. In our initial foray into the 4-room property market, we were sorely disappointed. Property owners were seriously unrealistic, another main gripe was that majority of 4 room flats are corridor units. There are quite a number of "door to door" units, but the design of the 'balcony' induces one to infer that the HDB designers were high on cough syrup at the drawing board.

We had to take our plans back to the operations room and pore over the extensive newspaper cuttings and research. My trusty dad had been doing additional groundwork behind my back while I was out in work intimidating minors with my booming voice and small slitty eyes (like an evil sidekick of some badass mobster).

His jump in to the 5 room property market revealed that although valuation prices are higher, the COV demanded by owners are of a lesser percentage as compared to the 4 room flat sellers. My conclusion: Seller of bigger houses are more sane. We even went to consider executive apartments which I had earlier ruled out. I was of the opinion that a young couple didn't really need much space.

With that, we started our new incursion into the fracas - the resale market of Pasir Ris. A location less favoured by many due to the sheer number of MRT stops you have to endure if you are going anywhere in Singapore. Yet it is a quiet little town that has it's rustic charms. Other than Marine Parade, it is the rare few housing estates that you can jog from your home to the beach! Eat that you Bishan lovers! AMK snobs! Toa payoh tao kias! You can have the city, I choose the beach!

No comments: